Choosing the right e-commerce builder can be quite tricky especially for beginners. Before starting with the website creation process, you must be aware of what you wish for in your builder. If you are unsure about what you want, then check out your competitors or other websites for inspiration. here are some factors that can help in choosing the best e-commerce builder
- Set out a budget: The first thing to do is a budget of money that you can afford to spend on the e-commerce builder. Pricing – Since it’s a competitive space, we look for which website builder offers the most value for the price. When setting out a budget, you must account for several factors such as domain registration, hosting, image, and copy for the website. While you can avail of several free plans, advanced features will require you to pay anywhere between $5 and $50 a month.
- Evaluate your requirements: You must know what you are looking to receive with your e-commerce builder. Some of the few factors to evaluate include the level of experience that you have in the area of design and the level of flexibility that you will require when designing the website, you have to consider the media that will be included as part of your e-commerce site. These include blogs, photo galleries, videos, and more. The builder must be able to support all of these requirements.
- Consider the ease of use: Ease of Use – We want to ensure that the website builder is easy to use for absolute beginners (non-techy users). When choosing a builder, look for one that provides the drag and drops feature for better ease. It must also have an intuitive editor that makes it easier to undertake any changes. For this, it is best to consult people who already use builders. This will help you understand the kinds of problems you are likely to experience.
- Look for the number of themes: The website theme makes for an important aspect, you must make sure that the e-commerce builder comes with enough themes and they should go well with what you have in mind for your website. Themes and should go well with what you have in mind for your website.
- Resources and support: Before picking the builder, you must make sure that the builder has enough resources to help you learn how the system works. The builder must also provide you with tutorials through video or text on how you can make the best of the provided features.
- Customer support and company reputation: The company you opt for must have a strong reputation as this will make it easier to learn and ensure the smooth working of the builder.
Every website builder comes with its own set of advantages and drawbacks. As you choose the best e-commerce builder, you must ensure that the service works well in your favor. Some of the popular e-commerce website builders that are available include WordPress WooCommerce, Shopify, Weebly, BigCommerce, Magento, and Wix. They ensure functionality and ease of use without compromising on quality.
let’s take a look at the top website builder platforms to make your website without hiring a developer.
We all know that WordPress is the most popular website-building platform on the planet. WordPress is available in two different models. WordPress.org and WordPress.com are also self-hosted options. WordPress powers more than 41% of all websites on the internet.
Pros: You have full control over every aspect of your website and online presence with WordPress. It can be used to create almost any kind of website. An eCommerce shop, online forums, a social network, a membership website, a basic website, a landing page, and more are all examples of websites.
Cons: You will be responsible for managing your own website, which will require you to learn a new framework. Most users can quickly resolve this minor learning curve, but it will seem challenging at first. You’ll also need to keep up with WordPress and plugin updates, as well as back up your data.
Pricing: While WordPress is a free website builder, you will need a domain name and web hosting to get your website live which typically costs $14.99/year and $7.99 per month respectively.
Another prominent cloud-based website builder is Wix.com. It combines ease of use with a robust collection of features to help you create a website quickly.
Pros: You won’t have to pay for hosting because Wix website maker is a completely hosted platform. You’ll have access to hundreds of models to choose from when it comes to the design of your website. With their user-friendly drag-and-drop site builder, each design can be fully customized.
Aside from a large number of templates, Wix also has a large number of free and paid software that you can use to customize your website. These apps allow you to enhance your website’s functionality and add new features. Some were made by Wix, while others were made by third-party developers.
Cons: Wix branded advertisements will appear on your website if you choose the Free or Connect Domain plans. To get rid of the commercials, you’ll need to switch to their Combo or Unlimited plan.
Pricing: Wix provides a restricted free edition that includes a Wix-branded subdomain. A domain can be linked for $9.16 per month. Their combo plan is $14.95 a month and includes a free domain name. The monthly expense of the e-Commerce plan for online retailers was $26.25.
Another famous eCommerce website builder is Shopify, which is designed specifically for online stores and e-commerce websites. It is used by over half a million companies and has over one million active users. On Shopify’s website, over 40 billion dollars worth of items has been sold.
Pros: Shopify is a completely hosted, all-in-one system, which means you won’t have to worry about managing apps, downloading updates, or backing up your data. Shopify takes care of it for you. All of this is neatly rolled up under one roof, with strong stats and simple marketing solutions. There are hundreds of designs to choose from, and no coding is needed.
Pricing: The simple Shopify plan will set you back $29 per month. For $79 per month, you can upgrade to Shopify, and for $299 per month, you can upgrade to Advanced Shopify. For $9 a month, Shopify also provides a Shopify Lite plan, which allows you to add a buy button to any website.
Weebly is a simple website builder with a lot of great features and templates. It comes with a beautifully designed page builder that helps you to edit your website without having to learn any coding.
Pros: You don’t have to install or maintain any program since Weebly is a complete hosting site. They are in charge of hosting the website as well as overseeing all backend applications. It includes hundreds of website templates that you can use as a starting point for your own.
Cons: Since Weebly.com is a complete hosting website, you are limited to the functionality available. You won’t be able to employ a developer or designer to add new features or functionality to your website. Any purchase made through your e-commerce store is subject to a 3% transaction fee from Weebly. To stop these extra charges, you’ll need to upgrade to their business plan.
Pricing: Weebly offers a free plan that is very simple. Paid plans start at $8 per month and are billed annually. The pro plan costs $12 a month, while the company plan costs $25.